Serena Elhard, D.C.
Doctor of Chiropractor (D.C.)
Nutrition, Kinesiology, Athletes, Women’s Health, and Chronic Illness
For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in health. The obesity in my family pushed me to read all about diet and exercise as a teenager. I was active and very competitive in many sports. In addition to working on our farm, my summer days consisted of a two mile run down the gravel road, shooting hoops, aerobics, stretching, and a horseback ride here and there. Even in my teens I started my holistic journey as I was introduced to herbal supplements, owned a large “Alternative Medicine” encyclopedia, and conducted science fair projects involving natural health concepts.
While in undergrad, I sprained my ankle during an intramural basketball game. After hobbling around campus on crutches for three days, I made an appointment with my chiropractor for my aching back. During that visit, he treated my back and my ankle and four hours later I was walking without crutches. The GPS directions for my career path started to ‘recalculate.’ I’d had successful chiropractic for headaches and a low back injury, but I’d never considered chiropractic as a profession…until then. A relative who was attending chiropractic school at the time helped me understand that a chiropractor not only helps people with nerve and pain issues, but also sport injuries, physical therapy exercises, in addition to holistic medicine and acupuncture.
I really want to get to the root of a problem and to this end, I encourage my patients to tell their story. I can relate to many of their health concerns as I have struggled myself with many of the symptoms I treat.
These are treatment options we can discuss to help you feel better:
- Chiropractic manipulation methods (drop table, activator, manual and non-force)
- Myofascial release therapy
- Corrective exercise
- Functional medicine and nutritional intervention
- Special lab testing(urine, saliva, and stool)
- Custom Sole Supports® foot orthotics
These are some recent special certifications that have given me more options in care:
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization Course A and Gait Training
- Dry Needling with Structure and Function
- Sole SupportsⓇ custom foot orthotics
- MojoⓇ custom foot orthotics
- Research-Based Correct Exercise with The Brookbush Institute
- Kinesiotape application with RocktapeⓇ
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization with RockbladeⓇ
My favorite pastimes are skiing, basketball, running, cycling, along with 10 years of competitive dancing. My fiancé and I love history, antiques, and are always amused by our two cats.